LinkedIn Facebook Email Subscribe RSS Subscribe Twitter

Talk “Overcoming Self-organization Blocks”

Speaker: Andrea Provaglio

Track: Coaching
Audince Level: Experts

We know that self-organization is a critical aspect of every successful Agile project and we know that it takes trust, respect, openness and responsibility; so why many teams have a hard time to achieve it?

Self-organization changes the manager/team dynamics and the teammate/teammate ones. Resistance may arise and the source is frequently rooted in mental habits, such as  a latent blaming culture, confusing guidance and command, fear of taking responsibility or losing status, unconscious agendas.

Attend this session to learn, through demos and exercises, how to deal with these kind of issues.

LEARNING OUTCOMES
* Creating team’s cohesion; counteracting division
* Positioning yourself at your proper guidance level
* Identifying a latent blaming culture and its causes
* Understanding and dealing with counterproductive collective traits
* Understanding the manager’s and team’s roadblocks to self-organization
* Making your team collaborate more smoothly

PROCESS/MECHANICS
This session is designed for active participation of the audience in demos and collective exercises. About 60% of the time is spent on lecturing and explanations, the other 40% on audience interaction.

OUTLINE
* Institutional, relational and systemic views of the Agile organization
* Meta-, macro- and micro-guidance levels
* Decisional influence shifts in the Agile organization
* Pitfalls that undermine the team’s cohesion
* Effect of judgement and blame
* Guidance vs. command, the Controlling Parent pattern
* Understanding counterproductive collective traits (exercise)

Main Organizer
  • SCRUMguides
Title sponsor

Web-partners Local Agile Communities